About Me

My photo
St. Louis, MO, United States
It is my passion and my life’s mission to embrace the opportunity to develop, mentor and motivate individuals into recognizing their inherent abilities then utilizing those abilities to produce an empowering, purposeful life.

Monday, August 11, 2014

You Are Not Saved by Works, but Works Are Good and Profitable to You

        
You Are Not Saved by Works, 
but Works Are Good and Profitable to You


Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to [God our Savior’s love and] mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life…these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. –Titus 3:5-8      

My Prayer for Today
Father, it is You who set in motion the salvation that I now enjoy. All-knowing, You saw what I’d be from the start to the finish of my life. You chose me, set me apart, and caused me to be a recipient of Your covenant. (Psalm 139:16.) I’m Your child and heir. I stand in Your mercy and grace. Teach me to use them as a springboard, not a crutch. I am not saved by works of righteousness, but help me to produce them in abundance.   

My Confession for Today
When the kindness and love of God appeared, He saved me, not because of any righteous works that I had done, but because He loves me so much that all He could think about was how to grant me His mercy. I have been born into the family of God. I am not what I once was, but an entirely new creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17.) So having been justified by God’s grace, I have become an heir with the assurance of eternal life. He is now my partner in all things and through Him I produce an abundance of good and profitable fruit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment