About Me

My photo
St. Louis, MO, United States
It is my passion and my life’s mission to embrace the opportunity to develop, mentor and motivate individuals into recognizing their inherent abilities then utilizing those abilities to produce an empowering, purposeful life.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Word Is Your Defense

The devil said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, command this stone to become bread.” But Jesus answered him, saying, “It is written….” Now when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from Him until an opportune time.–Luke 4:3-4, 13    


My Prayer for Today

Father, train me in the ways of the Word and shield me from the deceptions of the enemy. Teach me to properly balance Your precepts and only move forward in ways that will bring You glory. (Psalm 119:27.) My life is not my own. I have given it to You in full understanding that You alone know what is best for me. I wish to be nothing more and nothing less than what You have created me to be. Make my life a self-actualizing journey of faith that glorifies You in every way.    

My Confession for Today    

I am a son/daughter of God led by the Spirit of God. (Romans 8:14.) When I am tempted by the devil, I use the Word of God as my defense. I understand that Satan and his demons know the Word well and will twist it to their own benefit. But I am a man/woman of the Word. It is rooted and grounded within my spirit in all wisdom and understanding. (Isaiah 11:2.) When the devil attacks, I rout him with it. (Ephesians 6:17; Hebrews 4:12.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment