About Me

My photo
St. Louis, MO, United States
It is my passion and my life’s mission to embrace the opportunity to develop, mentor and motivate individuals into recognizing their inherent abilities then utilizing those abilities to produce an empowering, purposeful life.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Lord Delivers You from the Wicked


They have closed up their fat hearts; with their mouths they speak proudly. They have now surrounded us in our steps; they have set their eyes, crouching down to the earth, as a lion is eager to tear his prey, and like a young lion lurking in secret places. Arise, O LORD, confront him, cast him down; deliver my life from the wicked with Your sword. –Psalm 17:10-13       

My Prayer for Today    

Father, You are the God of my protection. I do not trust in the power of sword or shield, but in the strength of Your might. (2 Chronicles 20:6.) No matter what the odds or the enemy I have You as my security. You confront the enemy and cast him down before me. You deliver my life from the wicked and cause me to prosper in the midst of disaster. All that I am and all that I have greatly increases because of You, Father. (Psalm 115:14.) All praise be to Your glorious name.    

My Confession for Today

I am held secure in the arms of my Father. (Isaiah 40:11.) When I call to Him, He hears me and rescues me from all oppression. (Psalm 40:1; Jeremiah 20:13.) He keeps me as the apple of His eye and hides me in the shadow of His wings. (Deuteronomy 32:10; Psalm 57:1.) When my enemies surround me and plot my ruin, God intervenes on my behalf. He draws His sword and clears the way before me. He takes the attack personally and delivers me with mighty acts of judgment.    

No comments:

Post a Comment